Frequently Asked Questions

General Training Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to do if I cannot attend a training course I have enrolled in?
All cancellations or requests for changes must be made in writing.

How much notification do I need to give Master Builders if unable to attend a training program?
Where written notification is received by Master Builders not less than 5 working days prior to the commencement date of a course, you may request one of the following:

  • A full refund of course fees on cancellation, minus booking fee
  • Transfer to another course – subject to availability
  • Substitution of another person to attend the nominated course in place of the person enrolled

What if notification of nonattendance is less than 3 working days prior to commencement of course?
If a written request is received less than 3 working days prior to course commencement there will be no refund of the course fees on cancellation. A $50 administration fee is applicable upon transferring to another course.

Can I get an extension of time for my assignment?
Yes. To apply for an extension of time you can contact Training Services prior to the due date either by phone or email to negotiate an agreed alternative date.

I am interested in undertaking more training once I have finished my current course. What is the best way to find out what training would best suit my needs?
Contact Training Services to discuss options available to you.

In undertaking training courses at Master Builders do I need to purchase any books or other resources?
For most courses all you will need to bring is a pen and/or pencil and writing paper. On the first day of training you will be provided with a course manual. Certain courses eg Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building) course, Certificate III Work Health and Safety and Certificate IV Work Health and Safety require you to either bring with you or that you purchase specific industry related texts/resources. See the Publications Order Form.

Do I need to do any preparation prior to commencing a course with Master Builders?
You will be advised upon enrolment or when making an enquiry if you need to do pre-course preparation.

I have misplaced or lost my Master Builders Course Certificate, am I able to get a replacement?
Yes. You will need to complete the Student Records Request Form and pay the $50 administration fee.

Is parking available at Master Builders?
Parking for visitors and course participants is not available at Master Builders.

I have been given a Training Voucher, how do I use this and how long is it valid for?
The Training Voucher has a value of $100.00 and can only be used once. The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue for courses delivered by the Master Builders. It cannot be used for online enrolments.

I have recently joined Master Builders and paid the full amount for a course and I haven’t used my voucher yet, can I use it for the same course and get some of the money back?
A voucher can only be used at the time of making a course booking.

Incolink Training Frequently Asked Questions

Am I eligible for the Incolink training subsidy?
If you and/or your employing company has a current Incolink contributor number you may be eligible for the training subsidy.
How do I know if I have an Incolink contributor number?
If you are employed under an EBA (commercial sector only) your employer will be able to provide this for you. Alternatively, you can contact Incolink on 03 9639 300 or Tollfree 1800 337 789.

Construction Induction(Formerly Red Card) Frequently Asked Questions

I have lost my Red Card and need a replacement card, where can I get it from?
Master Builders can only issue replacement Red Cards for training attended or RPL application processed by the Master Builders Association of Victoria. To find out if you are on our database you can enquire by email or phone. Personal details will need to be confirmed (name and course details).
The cost of a replacement card is $60.00 (inc gst). Cards can be only be ordered by filling out and returning a Student Records Request Form. Payment may be made by providing credit card details (Visa and Master Card accepted), cheque or EFT/cash (in person at our East Melbourne office. Please do not send cash via post).

On processing your Red Card Replacement Form, you will be issued with a Tax Receipt and a Confirmation Letter of your Red Card details. It is suggested that you then carry a copy of your Confirmation Letter with you on the job until you receive your replacement card.
Replacement cards are posted on a weekly basis to the address provided on the Red Card Replacement Form.
Email: Phone: (03) 9411 4555

When is the next Construction Induction Training (formerly Red Card) course?
Courses are run frequently. You can either check scheduled course dates on the web and enrol online or contact Master Builders on (03) 9411 4555 for available places. Click here to see upcoming courses.

What’s the difference between Red and White Card? Is my old Red Card still valid?
A Red Card will have been issued prior to July 1, 2008.
A White Card or Construction Induction Training Card, is the current industry training requirement. Both cards are recognised as WorkSafe approved induction training.

Builders Registration Training FAQs

Are there any prerequisites for the Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building) Course?
There are no prerequisites for the course however it is recommended that a participant has more than 3 years practical building industry experience and holds an OHS Basic Induction Card (Red or White Card).

I am interested in obtaining a builders license and was wondering how to go about it?
Contact Master Builders on (03) 9411 4555 to discuss the option best suited to meet your needs.