This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). On successful completion of all requirements of this course, including assessment and attendance, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This sustainable construction course is suitable for site supervisors, contractors, site workers and commercial builders.
Participants will be provided with the information, knowledge and tools needed to understand, build and comply with sustainability requirements in their constructions. Topics covered include the GreenStar rating system, onsite waste management, framing and structure and material selection, and water and energy conservation. Course students will complete their own environmental policy and management plan. Attendees will be able to:
- Better comply with the demands of regulators and clients
- Be more confident when offering sustainable solutions to their clients
- Be more confident when responding to tenders that have sustainability requirements
- Be able to access ongoing specialist support and advice
- Understand the building envelope – insulation, glazing, materials selection, embodied energy
- Understand interior fitout – materials selection, embodied energy, indoor air quality
- Understand the laws and regulations associated with sustainability requirements
- Learn how to prepare an environmental management plan.