|This course is currently in transition and the course code, course title and units of competency may change. Further information will be published on our website, provided at course enrolment or, for current students, communicated during your studies. To speak to a member of the team about these changes, please contact Master Builders Victoria on 03 9411 4555|
This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). On successful completion of all requirements of this course, including assessment and attendance, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This course is suitable for you if you are a qualified tradesperson, registered builder, site manager, construction manager or other building professional involved in overseeing or managing building and construction projects in the residential or small scale commercial sectors.
By attending this course you will be provided with the knowledge, information and tools to build sustainability options into their construction projects. Examining options beyond the mandatory requirements outlined in the National Construction Codes or local government regulation, practical topics such as site preparation and energy efficient building practices are covered. Students will be able to:
- Offer a range of sustainable solutions to their clients
- Build to 6 Star requirements and beyond, taking into account housing affordability
- Evaluate how design, orientation, and structural insulation can impact the thermal performance of a building
Master Builders Green Living Accreditation
Master Builder Victoria members, who complete training, adopt sustainable building innovations and also meet the requirements for accreditation may apply to be recognised as Master Builders Green Living Builders. This brand enables builders to market their services in the construction and maintenance of high quality structures, including adopting industry best practice for sustainability within the built environment.
Anyone is eligible to complete the course, but those Master Builders Victoria members who wish to apply for accreditation as a Master Builders Green Living Builder, must hold some form of registration with Victorian Building Authority, such as DB-U or a DB-L.
In addition Master Builders Green Living Builders will need to complete the following annual re-accreditation requirements:
- Submission of an annual report to Master Builders providing information and details on total number of residential projects (including any checklists completed)
- Recording of material recycled or diverted from landfill (may include information obtained from waste disposal contractor or transfer/sorting facility)
- Annual payment of re-accreditation fee after first year (currently $95).
Benefits for Builders
- Access to a green living marketing brand with recognition as community leaders in pursuing cost effective sustainable outcomes
- Ability to market as a Master Builders Green Living Builder
- Appear on the Green Living website Listing where customers search for a Master Builders Green Living Builder
- Acquire new skills and knowledge to better meet the demands of regulators and clients
- Business strength in offering sustainable solutions to clients by having access to a range of tools enabling to deliver better design and construction
- Receive ongoing support building on builders’ experience and knowledge base.
Benefits for Clients
- Access to Green Living Builders who are recognised for their leadership in the delivery of high quality sustainable solutions
- Ability to reap the personal and financial rewards for pursuing sustainable options making homes more comfortable and efficient.
Note: Students who undertake and complete the Master Builders Green Living -Domestic course will be eligible for credit of one unit of competency towards completion of the CPC40120 Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building). As the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector is focused on currency of study, students are strongly advised to commence study in the CPC40120 Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building) within 6 – 12 months of completion of the Master Builders Green Living Domestic course.
“I found the course extremely informative and monumentally useful. It will, no doubt, be a driving force in helping Strzelecki Constructions P/L achieve their goals in understanding whats clients require and consider essential for providing a sustainable and healthy green future within the building industry.”Ben Williams, Strzelecki Constructions P/L