This short course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course and fee information click on the Course Information Sheet.
Construction Induction workers who want to improve their safety consultation practice onsite and learn about having difficult conversations.
This course outlines the legal obligations to consult about safety in the workplace, including when to consult and the roles, responsibilities and legal obligations of different people on a worksite. You will learn about tailoring a discussion, strategies to have a difficult conversation and building a positive safety culture on the worksite. You will practice consultation skills in a simulated environment at the Building Leadership Simulation Centre.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the national unit:
BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes.
Students will have gained the skills and knowledge to:
- identify parties involved in the WHS processes
- discuss how to set up effective workplace consultation processes
- implement relevant workplace training
- identify and address communication barriers
- having a difficult conversation.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through a face to face delivery mode.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
There are no pre-requisites for this course however the following requirements are mandatory:
- This course is delivered and assessed in English. You must have basic English speaking and listening skills to complete the training successfully. If you need help with English reading and writing, we can assist you with the assessment tasks. Please contact the Training Department for further advice on 9411 4555.
- have basic computer skills as this course is delivered partially online
- have CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White Card), if working on a building and construction site prior to course commencement.
- have CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- have completed a Red Card course (Pre-July 1 2008)
Successful students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO provider No 3935).