This accredited course is delivered and assessed by SAI Global Ltd (RTO no. 106919)
For detailed course and fee information click on the Course Information Sheet.
Lead Auditor in WHS Management Systems is suited for those who have managerial responsibilities with WHS and OHS management systems. It is especially suited to people who are responsible for managing, monitoring and auditing the performance of their organisation’s WHS or OHS Management system, and need further specialised knowledge in the principles and practices of WHS auditing, and also wish to gain accreditation as a Lead Auditor in OHS Management Systems.
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to conduct an internal or external Work Health and Safety (WHS) audit. You will learn to evaluate an organisation’s arrangements for identifying hazards, assessing and controlling risks, and monitoring and improving the effectiveness of the management of WHS. It will also provide you with knowledge of the applicable legislation for WHS (primarily WHS Act and Regulation 2011), and also awareness of Safety Management system standards.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and conduct a WHS audit of their organisation, including developing the tools to gather WHS information and data and ensuring liaison with all relevant parties.
- Systematically examine a WHS Management System against the audit criteria AS/NZS 4801 to determine conformance with planned arrangements and the effectiveness of the organisation’s approaches to managing WHS.
- Audit an organisation’s WHS performance.
- Learn and apply risk management techniques to identify WHS issues.
- Write a report to senior management about the results of an audit with clear conclusions and findings statements.
Successful students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by SAI Global Ltd (RTO no 106919).