This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria, (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This course applies to individuals who assist with the identification of workplace hazards and the assessment and control of OHS risks as part of their OHS responsibilities, which are in addition to their main duties. This may include OHS committee members, site supervisors, Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) or personnel who provide occupational health and safety advice and support to a team, including in a voluntary capacity. Attendees will learn to:
- Identify and apply different standards and OHS laws relevant to own work role, workplace and industry
- Communicate OHS information to others
- Refer any identified non-compliances with OHS laws to responsible persons or authorities
- Seek advice from relevant stakeholders if any non-compliance matters are identified that are outside own expertise and legal duties.
- Participate in selecting and using required methods to identify, report and record hazards
- Assess and record risks for identified hazards
- Promote and support worker consultation and participation in hazard identification and risk assessment
- Participate in developing, selecting and implementing risk control options and plans for identified hazards
Note: This short course forms part of the BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety.