This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria, (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This short course is suitable for individuals who are in a dedicated occupational health and safety role. Roles may include project manager, OHS coordinator, compliance officer, return to work coordinator or OHS officer. Attendees will learn how to:
- Contribute to developing, implementing and reviewing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSMS plan
- Prepare for and assist with contractor OHS induction
- Assist with monitoring contractor OHS compliance requirements and addressing contractor OHS non-compliances
- Assist with implementing response procedures during an incident
- Contribute to collecting OHS information about and assisting with the incident investigation
- Contribute to developing and implementing recommended measures and actions arising from incident investigation
- Develop trust and confidence as a leader
- Provide leadership to promote team cohesion
Note: This short course forms part of the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.