This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria, (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This course is suitable for individuals who assist with compliance with WHS laws and implement and maintain WHS consultation and participation processes at the workplace, which are in addition to their main duties. Roles may include project managers, OHS coordinators, compliance officers, return to work coordinators or OHS officers. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify and explain Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legal requirements for the workplace, including consultation and participation processes
- Provide advice about OHS legal requirements for the workplace, including consultation and participation processes
- Make recommendations to achieve OHS legal compliance
- Implement and maintain OHS consultation and participation processes to ensure that required personnel are encouraged to participate
- Monitor, assess and maintain workplace compliance with OHS legislative requirements
- Identify barriers to effectiveness of OHS consultation and participation processes and implement and maintain improvement measures.
Note: This short course forms part of the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.