|Due to Coronavirus outbreak, all face to face training for this course has been transitioned to online virtual classroom sessions until further notice. For more information, please contact Master Builders Victoria on 03 9411 4555|
Health and safety fundamentals is an accredited short course that is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). For detailed information about this accredited short course, click on the Course Information Sheet .
Units of competency
Health and safety fundamentals cluster covers the following units of competency.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
At the successful completion of this nationally accredited short course, you will receive a statement of attainment for the above listed units of competency.
Who is this cluster designed for?
- Identifying applicable OHS laws, duties, rights and obligations, and the necessary actions to ensure OHS compliance in the workplace.
- Assisting with providing advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals and parties prescribed in OHS laws and those of OHS regulators.
- Contributing to communicating relevant information, identifying feedback opportunities, and improving consultation and participation.
Master Builders entry requirements
Due to the accelerated nature of this cluster, it is recommended that you have at least three years experience in the building and construction industry.
Mode of delivery
This cluster is delivered through a blended model. This includes attending both face-to-face classes and assessments are submitted through an online portal.
By the end of this short course, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain occupational health and safety (OHS) legal requirements for the workplace, including consultation and participation processes
- Provide advice about OHS legal requirements for the workplace, including consultation and participation processes
- Make recommendations to achieve OHS legal compliance
- Implement and maintain OHS consultation and participation processes to ensure that required personnel are encouraged to participate
- Monitor, assess and maintain workplace compliance with OHS legislative requirements
- Identify barriers to effectiveness of OHS consultation and participation processes and implement and maintain improvement measures.