This course is delivered and assessed by Hero Headquarters. Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Hero Headquarters.
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
Fire Warden Training is designed for all those who are assigned fire warden duties in the building and construction workplace. This course provides students with the skills and knowledge required to undertake first response to fire incidents and to operate as key members of an emergency control organisational system. Practical assessment will be conducted throughout the day in order for students to demonstrate that they have the required knowledge and skills to respond to fire incidents. Fire extinguisher competency training is also covered in this course. Attendees will learn about:
• Site-specific alarm systems and response
• Making decisions appropriate to the emergency situation
• Site-specific emergency procedures and response plans
• Characteristics of fire and fuel types
• Use of extinguishing agents and basic firefighting equipment
• Communicating clearly with key personnel and responsible authorities
• Conducting an evacuation of a building