This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria, (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This short course is suitable for individuals who contribute to WHS communication and consultation as part of their work health and safety responsibilities, use appropriate knowledge of information management to provide technical advice and support to a team and provide support to OHS specialists in resolving OHS issues. This may include OHS committee members, site supervisors, Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) or personnel who provide occupational health and safety advice and support to a team, including in a voluntary capacity.
Attendees will learn to:
- Consult with management, subcontractors and workers on OHS concerns
- Participate in the effective communication of OHS information, techniques and procedures to other team members
- Contribute to team innovation when addressing OHS issues in the workplace
- Provide support to OHS specialists in resolving OHS issues
- Research alternative pathways when seeking expert advice on OHS issues
Note: This short course forms part of the BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety along with the Introduction to Health and Safety and Workplace Relationships and Incident Response short courses. In order to ensure you have the required legal and regulatory knowledge for this course, it is highly recommended that you complete Introduction to Health and Safety first.