Manage work health and safety with the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
This course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935) and is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Successful participants will be issued with a Certificate by Master Builders Association of Victoria, (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course information including course structure, units of competency, learning outcomes, entry requirements, fee options and more, read our Course Information Sheet.
This course is recognised as an appropriate entry point for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) practitioners seeking to further their careers in the field and is suitable if you are in a dedicated occupational health and safety role such as a Project Manager, OHS Coordinator, Compliance Officer, Return to Work Coordinator, OHS Officer or similar.
You’ll be provided with in-depth knowledge and understanding to implement and monitor workplace OHS policies, procedures and programs. Topics covered include compliance with Victorian OHS legislation, OHS monitoring, reviewing and reporting techniques, Safety Management Systems, Consultative arrangements and collaborative practices for safe work, OHS issue resolution and Managing contractors. Students will have gained the skills and knowledge to:
- Maintain managerial and organisational level compliance with OHS legislation, codes and standards in the workplace.
- Instigate and review the identification of workplace hazards, risk assessment processes and the selection of appropriate risk controls.
- Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- Use personal influencing skills such as collaboration, reflection and feedback to communicate the importance of OHS safety management systems.
- Research, develop, implement and monitor the strategies, plans and documentation required to establish a workplace-specific systematic safety management system.
- Explain and disseminate specific components of workplace safety management strategies to the appropriate organisational level.
- Review, investigate and evaluate the effectiveness of organisational safety management systems and use this information for reporting and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide technical advice and support in the resolution of OHS incidents.
- Implement an expert-derived emergency prevention and response procedure.
- Provide leadership to promote team cohesion.
Applicants will be required to attend a Pre-Training Review to ensure they have the necessary industry experience, as well as sufficient literacy and numeracy skills, to successfully complete the course.
Using our state-of-the-art Building Leadership Simulation Centre (BLSC), this course includes a unique simulated learning experience. Set up as a realistic construction site, participants are immersed into real-life scenarios, typical of construction workplaces, giving you the opportunity to practice new competencies in a controlled environment.
Note: You may enrol into individual parts of this course if you do not wish to complete the whole qualification. See Health and Safety Fundamentals, Health and Safety Management and Health and Safety Implementation.