|Due to Coronavirus outbreak, all face to face training for this course has been transitioned to online virtual classroom sessions until further notice. For more information, please contact Master Builders Victoria on 03 9411 4555|
Effective workplace communication is an accredited short course that is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). For detailed information about this accredited short course, click on the Course Information Sheet .
It is highly recommended that you enrol and complete Introduction to health and safety before enrolling in this short course. This is due to the assumed legal and regulatory knowledge that is provided in detail within Introduction to health and safety.
Units of competency
Effective workplace communication cluster covers the following units of competency.
- BSBWHS309 Contribute effectively to WHS communication and consultation processes
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationship
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
At the successful completion of this nationally accredited short course, you will receive a statement of attainment for the above listed units of competency.
Who is this cluster designed for?
This short course or cluster applies to personnel who:
- Contribute to WHS communication and consultation as part of their work health and safety responsibilities
- Work in a variety of contexts where they will be expected to interact with a diverse client and/or co-worker population
- Have a leadership role in developing and maintaining effective workplace relationships
- Use appropriate knowledge of information management to provide technical advice and support to a team.
The units in this short course describe the skills and knowledge required to maintain a healthy and safe workplace through participation in effective communication and leadership skills.
Master Builders entry requirements
Due to the accelerated nature of this cluster, it is recommended that you have at least two to three years experience in the building and construction industry.
Mode of delivery
This cluster is delivered through a blended model. This includes attending both face-to-face classes and assessments are submitted through an online portal.
By the end of this cluster, you will be able to:
- Assist with establishing consultation processes
- Support WHS consultation and raise important issues
- Consult and communicate effectively with necessary team members
- Effectively communicate meeting outcomes
- Develop trust, maintain networks and relationships in the workplace
- Model expected standards of leadership behaviour
- Acknowledge and respect individual differences between team members
- Respond appropriately to people with a diverse background
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Improve the image of your organisation
- Effectively make informed decisions
- Develop trust within the team
- Maintain networks and relationships
- Manage difficult situations
- Develop positive outcomes