|Due to Coronavirus outbreak, all face to face training for this course has been transitioned to online virtual classroom sessions until May 2020. For more information, please contact Master Builders Victoria on 03 9411 4555|
BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety is a Nationally Accredited course delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no. 3935) which assists students to identify workplace hazards, assess risks associated with these hazards and apply risk control (with guidance). This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Successful students will be issued with a Certificate by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO provider No 3935).
Who is this course designed for?
BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety would be suitable for OHS/WHS committee members, site supervisors, health and safety representatives or personnel who provide occupational health and safety advice and support to a team, including in a voluntary capacity.
There is inherent risk associated with many roles and tasks on building and construction sites. Students that complete BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety will gain skills and knowledge on the following topics:
- Compliant application of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislation, regulations, codes and standards in the workplace.
- Monitoring and reviewing safety management practices.
- Communication, leadership and negotiation skills.
- OHS issue resolution including diversity and discrimination complaints.
- Application of safety documents including incident reports, safe work methods statements (SWMS) and provisional improvement notices (PINs).
Students will learn how to:
- Refer to OHS laws and regulations to support workplace OHS requirements.
- Identify hazards, including hazardous chemicals, assess the risks on domestic and commercial building sites and establish appropriate risk control measures for these hazards.
- Participate in the prevention of potential emergencies.
- Know how to respond to workplace incidents, taking into account legislative requirements.
- Consult effectively with management, subcontractors and workers about OHS concerns.
- Participate in the effective communication of OHS information, techniques and procedures to other team members.
- Understand how to work effectively with a diverse workplace.
- Provide safety leadership in the workplace.
- Support OHS specialists in resolving OHS issues.
- Produce quality OHS documentation.
Mode of delivery
BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety is delivered through a blended model. Submission of assessments is online via the Learning Management System (LMS) and will require a computer, and basic digital literacy skills. Computers are available at Master Builders Association of Victoria and training in the use of the LMS will be provided to students prior to submission due dates.
The course is delivered over 29 weeks which includes the equivalent of 11 days face to face attendance. It is expected learners will allow 9 hours per week on average outside class time to complete training and assessment tasks to attain this qualification.
There are 18 non attendance weeks that do not require face to face attendance. The non attendance weeks allow learners time to undertake pre-reading activities, structured independent learning and assessments.
It is a Master Builder’s requirement for those wishing to undertake BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety that they must:
- be successful at a Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN ) assessment & a pre-enrolment review
- have basic computer skills as part of this qualification is delivered online
- have CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White Card) – post 1 July 2008
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- have completed a Red Card course (Pre-July 1 2008) or its equivalent
- be currently working or have worked in the building and construction industry for at least 2 years
be currently enrolled in a degree in construction-related field
At the Pre-Training Review, we need to verify that you have the amount and type of work experience that will enable you to successfully complete the Master Builders course.