|Due to Coronavirus outbreak, all face to face training for this course has been transitioned to online virtual classroom sessions until further notice. For more information, please contact Master Builders Victoria on 03 9411 4555|
Who is this course designed for?
Waterproofing in Construction is a waterproof training course designed for building practitioners, waterproofers, ceramic tilers, architects, engineers, electricians, plumbers, air conditioning and solar panel installers, designers, building surveyors, site managers, foreman, estimators, and other industry professionals who have responsibility to ensure a construction project is made watertight and shall perform correctly for a given period of time (min 10 years).
Waterproofing training course overview
This waterproof training course gives a practical common sense approach to utilise the Australian Standards at hand and apply the everyday practicable mentality to waterproofing.
Attendees will see examples of both good and bad waterproofing to aid in their understanding of projects that have failed and the reasons for the failure, thus learning from other’s mistakes and how to avoid them.
Session 3 – Below Ground Waterproofing – Barriers, Components and Drainage
This session includes membrane selection and types, negative pressure membranes and uses, termination details, protection of membranes, water stops and hydrophilic barriers, drainage trenches and breathers and application certificates
Please note– The three workshops are information sessions only and are not a formal waterproofing accreditation or qualification. You will receive documentation of your attendance and a resource booklet.
Participants will have gained the skills and knowledge to:
- Review a project in the planning for potential water ingress.
- An understanding of the Australian Standards and compliance issues.
- Reading drawings to identify waterproofing requirements.
- Applying a practicable approach to the selection of materials and application.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the critical path for installing waterproofing systems.
- Understanding the safety requirements of roof and underground applications.
- Correct preparation of surfaces.
- Chemistry, plumbing and electrical awareness for membranes.
- Understand the sign off responsibilities of completed projects.
- Services the Australian Institute of Waterproofing can offer you.
Continuous Professional Development
Completed attendance at each session earns a total of 4 CPD points.