|Due to Coronavirus outbreak, all face to face training for this course has been transitioned to online virtual classroom sessions until further notice. For more information, please contact Master Builders Victoria on 03 9411 4555|
This accredited course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no. 3935).
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
For detailed course and fee information, as well as the approximate government contribution,
click on the Course Information Sheet.
The CPC50308 Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) is designed to meet professional development requirements of managers engaged in the construction industry. This may include:
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Estimating Manager
- Senior construction Manager.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
It is a Master Builder’s requirement for those wishing to undertake this course that they:
- are successful at a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment & a Pre-Training Review,
- have five (5) years’ work experience in the Building and Construction industry,
- be currently working on a construction site in a management/supervisory role,
- have CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White Card), if working on a building and construction site prior to course commencement.
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry or its equivalent
At the Pre-Training Review, we need to verify that you have the amount and type of work experience that will enable you to successfully complete the Master Builders course.
Successful participants will be issued with a Diploma by Master Builders Association of Victoria, RTO no. 3935.
This course is designed to develop the generic skills and knowledge used by project managers, construction managers, estimating managers and other senior construction professionals involved with the management of low to medium rise residential and commercial building projects.
Simulation Learning Component
Master Builders have now incorporated an exciting session at our state-of-the-art Building Leadership Simulation Centre (BLSC) into this course. You’ll be able to practice some of the skills learnt in this course, first hand in a simulated workplace environment, which has been proven to be one of the most effective ways to learn new skills. The technology and learning methods used in this facility are so realistic that you will feel like you are actually on a real construction site. This assessment environment is unique to Master Builders, as the BLSC facility is one of only three centres of this type in the world.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through a blended model. This includes attending both face-to-face classes and simulated scenarios.
The course is delivered over 48 weeks which includes the equivalent of 27 days face to face attendance. It is expected that learners will need to allow on average 24 hours per week to compete training and assessment tasks to attain this qualification.
The course includes assessment workshops and a simulation session held at the Building Leadership Simulation Centre. There are 19 non attendance weeks that do not require face to face attendance. These are included to allow learners time to undertake pre-reading activities, structured independent learning and assessments (including a major project).
Participants will have gained the skills and knowledge from completing the CPC50308 Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) to:
- Develop, implement and monitor operational plans within broader organisational strategic plans
- Set and meet priorities using a range of strategies to manage personal and team performance
- Plan and implement financial management
- Manage medium rise construction work according to contractual obligations
- Apply a systematic approach to hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Apply knowledge of current trends in environmental practices and methodologies
- Execute processes and procedures associated with the recruitment cycle
- Facilitate teamwork and a positive culture
- Implement and maintain organisational systems to ensure quality assurance and continuous improvement.
“Great course covering all aspects of the construction industry. Lewis was fantastic throughout and happy to share his knowledge and experiences within the industry. I am confident this course has provided me with further knowledge and skills to enhance my career.” – 2016Ari Hrambanis, Henley Properties Group
“Great course, Lewis Derrico is a brilliant teacher” – 2015Sebastian Pelletti, Carnegie Constructions
“MBAV was professional from the start to finish. Lewis Derrico, Neil O Connor and the other lecturers were excellent in relating the theory to the practical application of the workplace environment. The small group of students were encouraged to share their experiences, during our class activities in the face to face tuition, which was also very good.
Having now completed the Cert 4 in Building and Construction, as well as the Diploma, I can highly recommend MBAV as a superior training organisation to anyone looking to further their studies and education.” – 2015Daniel Joubert - Joubert Manufacturing Pty Ltd