To view the Course Information Sheet please click here.
Know your building and construction basics
Do you want a basic understanding of the construction industry? If you answered yes, this workshop is for you.
Master Builders has developed a Construction Essentials half-day workshop to acquaint you with:
- The construction industry and its underlying sectors
- Jobs in construction
- Different types of construction organisations
- Key roles on a construction project
- The Victorian Building Authority (the key industry regulator)
- The Victorian building legal framework
- The National Construction Code
- The importance of builder registration
- A variety of building terms
- The benefits of working in a team.
- Understand the difference between commercial, residential and civil construction
- Identify the various jobs that exist in the construction industry
- Outline the legal framework that governs the construction industry
- Recognise the differences between a commercial and domestic builder and builders who work on civil projects
- Recognise and use a variety of building terms
- Value the importance of teamwork in the construction industry
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to: