This accredited course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935). For detailed course and fee information click on the Course Information Sheet.
This course is suitable for:
- Builders, Site Managers, Project Managers, Forepersons, Construction Managers; and
- Other practitioners who are involved in applying for and arranging building permits; or wish to become a registered person with responsibility under Victorian building legislation.
This nationally accredited short course outlines how to manage the building approval application process, including the required documentation, regulatory and planning processes.
Builders Registration with the VBA requires applicants to undertake a comprehensive application process. The new Building Interim Regulations 2017 prescribe that any builder seeking a Limited Domestic Builder (DB-L) licence hold the unit of competency; CPCCBC4026A Arrange building applications and approvals.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through a blended model. This includes attending both face-to-face classes and simulated scenarios. Assessments are submitted through an online portal.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
Those wishing to undertake this course should have at least three years’ post-apprenticeship work experience in the building and construction industry. Students should have the language, literacy and numeracy skills necessary to successfully complete this course.
Students that complete this course will gain skills and knowledge on the following topics:
- determine the documentation
- required for building and planning permits
- prepare building and planning permits
- evaluate and review the outcome of the application
Successful students who only undertake this short course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria.