This accredited course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) is designed to meet professional development requirements of managers engaged in the construction industry. This may include:
- Builders, contract administrators, site managers, foremen, construction managers
- Other building practitioners involved with the management of small to medium sized building businesses as well as the planning of onsite construction work.
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) is designed to meet the needs of Builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with clients.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the Victorian building licensing authority. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) encompasses the knowledge areas that may be required when seeking registration and these are:
- Business management
- Building technology
- Operational management
- Supervisory management
Simulation Learning Component
Master Builders have now incorporated an exciting session at our state-of-the-art Building Leadership Simulation Centre (BLSC) into this short course. You’ll be able to practice some of the skills learnt in this course, first hand in a simulated workplace environment, which has been proven to be one of the most effective ways to learn new skills. The technology and learning methods used in this facility are so realistic that you will feel like you are actually on a real construction site. This is unique to Master Builders, as the BLSC facility is one of only three centres of this type in the world.
- Select and prepare major domestic construction contracts
- Interpret contract, OHS and building related legislation
- Plan, prepare and monitor project schedules and estimates
- Apply the National Construction Codes and Australian Standards to the construction of low and medium rise buildings
- Apply structural principles to the construction of low to medium rise buildings
- Supervise physical and human resourcing of low and medium rise construction projects
- Undertake business planning and financial management of a small, low to medium rise business.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through a blended model.
Submission of assessments is online via the Learning Management System (LMS) and will require a computer, and basic digital literacy skills. Computers are available at Master Builders Association of Victoria and training in the use of the LMS will be provided to students prior to submission due dates.
The course is delivered over 95weeks which includes the equivalent of 49 days face to face attendance. It is expected learners will allow 15 hours per week on average outside class time to complete training and assessment tasks to attain this qualification.
The course has been designed with a ‘one week on and one week off’ attendance pattern and includes three assessment workshop day.
There are 46 non attendance weeks that do not require face to face attendance. The non attendance weeks allow learners time to undertake pre-reading activities, structured independent learning and assessments.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
Master Builders entry requirements for the course are:
- are successful at a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment & a Pre-Training Review
- have basic computer skills as this course is delivered partially online
- have five (5) years’ work experience in the Building and Construction industry
- be currently working on a construction site in a management/supervisory role
- in a position to trial and evaluate management systems, processes and procedures in a construction workplace
- have CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White Card), if working on a building and construction site prior to course commencement.
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
It is strongly recommended that applicants complete the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) before undertaking this qualification.
At the Pre-Training Review, we need to verify that you have the amount and type of work experience that will enable you to successfully complete the Master Builders course.
For further course, approximate government contribution and fee details click on the Course Information Sheet.
Successful participants will be issued with a Diploma by Master Builders Association of Victoria, RTO no 3935.