This accredited short course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
For detailed course and fee information click on the Course Information Sheet.
Sustainable Construction – Commercial is for site supervisors, contractors, site workers and commercial builders.
Master Builders has created the Sustainable Construction – Commercial program to provide builders and their contractors with the information, knowledge and tools to understand, build and comply with sustainability requirements in their constructions. Topics covered include the GreenStar rating system, onsite waste management, framing and structure and material selection, and water and energy conservation. Course students will complete their own environmental policy and management plan.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered via face-to-face classes only.
- Better compliance with the demands of regulators and clients
- Be more confident when offering sustainable solutions to their clients
- Be more confident when responding to tenders that have sustainability requirements
- Be able to access ongoing specialist support and advice
- Develop an understanding of the building envelope – insulation, glazing, materials selection, embodied energy
- Develop an understanding of interior fitout – materials selection, embodied energy, indoor air quality
- Learn about the laws and regulations associated with sustainability requirements
- Learn how to prepare an environmental management plan.
Successful students who only undertake this short course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria.