This accredited short course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
Master Builders Green Living – Domestic is for builders, site managers, foremen, construction managers and other practitioners involved in overseeing or managing building and construction projects in the residential or small scale commercial sectors.
Master Builders Green Living – Domestic short course provides builders with the knowledge, information and tools to build construction projects sustainably. Beyond the mandatory requirements outlined in the National Construction Codes or local government regulation, this short course covers practical topics such as site preparation and energy efficient building practices.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered via face-to-face classes only.
- Range of sustainable solutions on offer to clients
- Build to 6 Star requirements and beyond; taking into account housing affordability
- Evaluate how design, orientation, and structural insulation can impact the thermal performance of a building
What is Master Builders Green Living Accreditation?
Master Builder members, who complete training, adopt sustainable building innovations and also meet the requirements for accreditation may apply to be recognised as Master Builders Green Living Builders. This brand enables builders to market their services in the construction and maintenance of high quality structures, including adopting industry best practice for sustainability within the built environment.
Anyone is eligible to complete the course, but those Master builders members who wish to apply for accreditation as an accredited Master Builders Green Living Builder, must hold some form of registration with Victorian Building Authority, such as DB-U or a DB-L.
In addition Master Builders Green Living Builders will need to complete the following annual re-accreditation requirements:
- Submission of an annual report to Master Builders providing information and details on total number of residential projects (including any checklists completed)
- Recording of material recycled or diverted from landfill (may include information obtained from waste disposal contractor or transfer/sorting facility)
- Annual payment of re-accreditation fee after first year (currently $95).
Benefits for Builders
- Access to a green living marketing brand with recognition as community leaders in pursuing cost effective sustainable outcomes
- Ability to market as a Master Builders Green Living Builder
- Appear on the Green Living website Listing where customers search for a Master Builders Green Living Builder
- Acquire new skills and knowledge to better meet the demands of regulators and clients
- Business strength in offering sustainable solutions to clients by having access to a range of tools enabling to deliver better design and construction
- Receive ongoing support building on builders’ experience and knowledge base.
Benefits for Clients
- Access to Green Living Builders who are recognised for their leadership in the delivery of high quality sustainable solutions
- Ability to reap the personal and financial rewards for pursuing sustainable options making homes more comfortable and efficient.
For further course and fee details click on the Course Information Sheet.
Students who undertake and complete the Master Builders Green Living -Domestic cluster will be eligible for credit of one unit of competency towards completion of the CPC40110 Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building). As the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector is focused on currency of study, students are strongly advised to commence study in the CPC40110 Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building) within 6 – 12 months of completion of the Master Builders Green Living Domestic Cluster.
Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO Provider No. 3935).
“I found the course extremely informative and monumentally useful. It will, no doubt, be a driving force in helping Strzelecki Constructions P/L achieve their goals in understanding whats clients require and consider essential for providing a sustainable and healthy green future within the building industry.”Ben Williams, Strzelecki Constructions P/L