Non-Friable Asbestos Awareness Course is for workers involved in the removal process of non-friable asbestos.
- To equip all workers with knowledge to recognise different types of asbestos
- To demonstrate to students how to safely undertake non-friable asbestos removal operations according to the legislated allowable amount of non-friable asbestos
- To equip workers who are working under the supervision of licensed removalists with safe working methods for non-friable asbestos removal.
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Review the history, characteristics and uses of asbestos
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of asbestos containing materials (ACM)
- Identify and label non-friable asbestos materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different types of health hazards associated with asbestos
- Plan and prepare for the safe removal of non-friable asbestos up to the amount allowable by legislation
- Follow the OHS Act, Asbestos Regulations, national codes of practice and relevant industry standards for safe non-friable asbestos removal
- Show compliance with organisational policy, quality procedures and processes for safe removal of non-friable asbestos
- Select and use relevant plant and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Decontaminate work areas and dispose of asbestos materials as required by WorkSafe
Note: This is an awareness course and does not provide the student with a License to Remove Asbestos.
For further details on asbestos removal licensing see www.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Refer to the Course Information Sheet for more details on this course.