This accredited short course is delivered and assessed by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO no 3935).
Plan Reading – Commercial is for builders, experienced tradespersons, site managers, estimators, project managers, foremen and other construction industry personnel responsible for interpreting and preparing (and ensuring currency) of plans and specifications for low and medium rise commercial construction projects.
In this course students are involved in a number of practical activities including the recognition of types of commercial drawings and their key features. Other key topics include research into commonly used symbols and abbreviations, discussions to work out the scope of work and specification preparation according to the National Specification System of Australia (NATSPEC) and other industry standards.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through face-to-face classes.
After completing Plan Reading – Commercial, students will have gained the skills and knowledge to:
• Identify types of drawings and their purpose
• Locate and identify key features, symbols and abbreviations on drawings and site plans
• Determine specification requirements
• Prepare specification documentation using project briefs, working drawings, development approval and other relevant documents
• Assess the nature and scope of work
• Adapt standard specifications to specific projects
• Ensure specifications, provisional sum, prime cost values and variations meet all contractual obligations, construction codes and standards requirements
• Identify all non-structural aspects to the specification including the design, purpose, aesthetics and cost relationships.
For further course and fee details click on the Course Information Sheet.
Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria (RTO Provider No. 3935).