Small Business Financial Management is for builders, site managers, foremen, construction managers and building practitioners undertaking business and financial planning and managing business finances. Also suitable for building practitioners who wish to become the appropriately registered person with responsibility under Victorian building legislation.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
Due to the accelerated nature of this course, it is recommended that students have at least three (3) years experience in the building and construction industry.
Students undertaking this cluster will be exposed to concepts such as feasibility studies, competitor analysis, profit targets, return on investment (ROI), financial performance reporting, turnover, capital investment and risk management. Students will also develop practical skills in simple accounting principles such as preparing and interpreting profit and loss statements and cash flow estimates. All of these financial principles will be specifically applied to low rise building and construction projects.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through face-to-face classes.
- Create a viable business plan
- Implement procedures to facilitate business goals and objectives
- Identify and develop risk management strategies
- Implement, monitor and review strategies for the ongoing management of small business finances
- Monitor and report on financial performance
- Maintain the day-to-day financial management of the small business.
For further details click on the Course Information Sheet.
Successful students who only undertake this cluster will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria.