Estimating Principles is designed for Builders, site managers, foremen, schedulers, estimators, construction managers and other building practitioners involved in estimating overall project costs.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
Due to the accelerated nature of this course, it is recommended that students have at least three years experience in the building and construction industry.
Students in this cluster will learn how to produce estimating documentation from plans and specifications to establish the estimated costs associated with the acquisition of materials and labour for building and construction projects. The course also covers topics such as the documentation of contract variations and other changes to plans and specifications and their effect on estimated costs as well as analysis of project costs against estimates for evaluative and continuous improvement purposes.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered through a face-to-face, classroom model.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Recognise key features of site plans
- Understand the intent and purpose of different types of construction drawings
- Identify the types, timing and numbers of appropriate onsite personnel
- Calculate labour costs, physical resource requirements and estimate project costs.
For further details click on the Course Information Sheet.
Successful students who only undertake this cluster will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Master Builders Association of Victoria.