This course is designed to meet professional development requirements of managers engaged in the construction industry. This may include:
- Builders, contract administrators, site managers, foremen, construction managers
- Other building practitioners involved with the management of small to medium sized building businesses as well as the planning of onsite construction work.
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) is designed to meet the needs of Builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with clients.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the Victorian building licensing authority. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) encompasses the knowledge areas that may be required when seeking registration and these are:
- Business management
- Building technology
- Operational management
- Supervisory management
- Select and prepare major domestic construction contracts
- Interpret contract, OHS and building related legislation
- Plan, prepare and monitor project schedules and estimates
- Apply the National Construction Codes and Australian Standards to the construction of low and medium rise buildings
- Apply structural principles to the construction of low to medium rise buildings
- Supervise physical and human resourcing of low and medium rise construction projects
- Undertake business planning and financial management of a small, low to medium rise business.
Master Builders Entry Requirements
Master Builders entry requirements for the course are:
the required level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills AND;
a minimum of five years work experience in the Building and Construction industry AND;
currently working on a construction site in a management/supervisory role AND;
- in a position to trial and evaluate management systems, processes and procedures in a construction workplace AND;
- have CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White Card), if working on a building and construction site prior to course commencement.
It is strongly recommended that applicants complete the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) before undertaking this qualification.
At the Pre-Training Review, we need to verify that you have the amount and type of work experience that will enable you to successfully complete the Master Builders course.
The texts below are required for the CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) course.
National Construction Code – Vol 1 & 2
*AS1684.2 Timber Framing Manual Part 2
*AS1684.4 Timber Framing Manual Part 4
Guide to Standards and Tolerances
Hancock’s Roof Guide
Take Out a Contract – Guide to the New Homes Contract
Building Act 1993
Building Regulations 2006 (including Bushfire Regulations)
Domestic Contracts Act 1995
Domestic Building Contract Regulations 2007
Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002
Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
OHS Regulations 2007
Steel Designers Handbook (Gorenc, Tinyou and Siam) 2012
Management Theory and Practice, 6th Edition (Cole)
The cost of texts is in addition to the course fee. Please refer to publications order form on the Industry Training Directory for information on pricing. Some of these books are available free of cost and can be downloaded from the government websites.
*These books are not available for download.
For further details click on the Course Information Sheet.
Successful participants will be issued with a Diploma by Master Builders Association of Victoria, RTO no 3935.